The semester is almost over and distractions are everywhere! Winter break and the holidays are so close yet feel elusive with so much to do these final days.
- Prioritize the exams that carry the most weight and will be most difficult.
- Create a calendar outlining specific study times and locations.
- Organize study groups, if desired.
- Add a constant stream of calm focus, remind yourself to remain relaxed, yet on-task.
- Silence all distractions for 25-minute intervals then allow yourself a 5-minute break to “check in.” After four intervals, take a 30 minute break to fully recharge.
- Sprinkle in a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep – (avoid massive consumption of caffeine which can backfire leading to anxiety, panic attacks, and insomnia).
- Plan study breaks – it is ok to enjoy coffee with a friend or go to a holiday party, as long as you plan for it.
You have worked hard all semester. Finish strong – there will plenty of time for relaxing and catching up with friends over your well-deserved break!
Live well/Be well